I have always been a grazer and live by the ‘little and often’ rule. This not only keeps me energised but also keeps my stomach cramps at bay. Snacking also became a necessity when I started breastfeeding as I needed the extra calories and also the energy the snacks gave me to keep on going all day, and night! I also need an extra burst of energy to see me through my workouts especially if they are later in the day (when Daddy gets home!). With all this in mind, I wanted to share my favourite, shop bought, snacks with you.
- Nak’d bars – a perfect size snack in so many delicious flavours, a favourite of mine being Cashew Cookie. These are filling and full of natural ingredients, no added sugar!
- The Primal Kitchen– I’ve recently discovered the cocoa brownie protein bar, amazing!! Perfect for a refuel after a nap time workout or gym session. So cakey and feels very decadent, full of good protein!
- Kallo dark chocolate rice cakes – These are my go to snack mid-afternoon or at that time between tea and bed when I just need some chocolate. I always keep a couple wrapped up in foil in the baby bag!
- Trek bars– These dense oat bars are perfect to fuel a sweaty gym session and actually also got me through labour!! They are also great as a topping on smoothies and for a snack post workout!
- Kind bars – Great bars for nut lovers and lovers of great food combinations. My favourite is almond and sea salt, such a great mix and these really keep me fuelled for longer.
- Graze – Something savoury for a change, these bags of goodness are really tasty and great of you fancy a savoury bite for a change. The barbecue flavour are amazing and really crunchy.
- Propercorn – it has to be peanut butter and almond flavour for me, such a distinctive taste and a real treat for the taste buds! Perfect for a Friday night once baby is asleep and we actually get to watch a film!
8. Meridian bars – These chewy and filling bars are so tasty and great for pre gym fuel. I love anything with cocoa so my favourite is peanut and cocoa. They provide a good amount of protein, no funny stuff and go amazingly with an almond milk latte!
For more snack ideas and to see what keeps me fuelled check out my Instagram @mummy_fuel, I love to know if anyone has any other mummy snacks that i could add to my list, and my food bill!!!!